Friday, November 02, 2007

The Time Bandit - Procrastination


I love this little art quilt I made from an idea when my Secret Pal sent me a Harvest card. Because the little mouse wears a mask he is called "Anony-Mouse." I came across the quilt last night going through my "stuff" to finish one collection of inchies. It was then that I realized I had allowed procrastination to rob me of finishing my project on time. I kept putting it off thinking I had until December 1st. Oh boy!! Actually I have always heard it said, "If you finish on time, then you are late." I love the little cats expression of "surprise" when the mouse reaches up to extend a friendly jesture of gift giving - one lone flower. Mr. Kitty is not prepared for such a wonderful act of kindness.
You know I think many of us are not prepared to receive "random acts of kindness" as they are referred to for today. Many things steal our time and before you know it another day has passed us by. I don't know about you but I want to finish each day knowing I am fulfilled; knowing I touched another person's life with a random act of kindness.

No comments: