Friday, September 18, 2009

Home


last weekend my hubby took me home - to the mountains. I was able to visit my sister and see her new grandson. Also my middle brother and his wife, daughter and her three children. It was great! The weather was perfect. We journeyed up the mountain to Skyline Drive and the rock, near Lookout Mtn. that my hubby loves so much.

I've thought so much about the solid rock we are standing on during this little "bump" in the road, as my hubby calls the diagnosis.

While stopped at the overlook my hubby pointed out this beautiful butterfly on a thistle bush. It was as if the butterfly decided to do an exhibition so i could take its picture. Don't you just love the color? It was such a wonderful get-away. So much so that he is thinking of taking me back today when he gets off from work. Then i will attempt to see mom and another brother. My mom will be 80 this coming month and my sister is attempting a big party over at the Monacan's site.

I'll get to hear the next part of the pastor's sermon if i go. Seems the Lord is working in me "that godly sorrow" the pastor was talking about last Sunday. And this Sunday he is going to extend the series to broken relationships. Both my brother and i are looking forward to hearing that. He and i know how broken our family has been for years. So my "healing" will come in more ways than one. Only God could use a diagnosis to heal the broken hearted. For that my brother and i are both grateful.

i think i hear the tune from John Denver in my head "take me home, mountain momma". ah nostalgia.

2 comments:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Glad you had a wonderful time. The view and the butterfly are gorgeous! Thinking of you and praying for you daily.

Reflections of life and art said...

Dove, looks and sounds like you both had a wonderful weekend.

Oh, the healing power of our heavenly Daddy, in broken bodies or broken relationships....He is wonderful and faithful to do His work!
Blessings and Hugs,
Noel