19) my family God's love - its His day
Sunday, November 30, 2008
19) my family God's love - its His day
Saturday, November 29, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
The people trying to park here are so rude, playing their loud music and hitting their lock buttons after getting out of their cars. They really are not thinking about the people who live here. Tomorrow all around on the streets will be trash where they have dumped it, ruts in grassy areas, and another night of disturbed sleep for us and our doggie; who hears everything.
What was our county supervisors thinking when they approved the mall to enlarge without appropriate parking? The mall has over 22 officers assigned there just for Black Friday from midnight to 6am in the morning.
Its led me to want to get more involved in our county politics regarding growth.
Starting over -----------Day 1 - 20 things I am grateful for
1) Thanksgiving with family food on the table
3) doggie bringing me his collar then bringing me his leash
5) not overeating cleaning all the dishes right away
7) joy of the Lord trusting Him for all things
9) 25 days of Christmas shows working on my project
11) living a quiet life reading my books
13) a warm home plenty of covering to keep warm
15) my children respecting their dad playing with their dad
17) my new DIL their marriage
19) breathing being able to weep for others and help them
Thursday, November 27, 2008
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
all that God has placed around you? how are you interpreting it all?
One saying in the book is by Erich Heller
"Be careful how you interpret the world: it is like that."
1) all leaves taken to dump before rain its raining
3) i can hear the rain i love the sound of rain
5) friends i saw yesterday God's faithfulness
7) we have a truck tickets for the dump
9) my lucy is a homepage i can clean my room today
11) hands and legs strength to pickup lots of leaves
13) our dog being able to ride with us my doggie's devotion
15) DIL and son living next door they can borrow stuff
17) i can make DIL stocking that she wants one
19) DIL and friend spent time in art studio looking at things
love a stocking. So I am going to make one for her, son and two kitties. They can hang them over their fireplace.
Monday, November 24, 2008
While out he came across a new pair of pjs for me. Here they are: purple stripe pants and solid top. They feel so soft. That's what attracted him to the pjs. He loves soft plus I was long overdue for a new pair.
He was so proud of himself. He was like a little boy in the candy store when he came home with his purchase. Pants were too big but easily exchanged for m's.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Then I used a charms choice to place objects downsized and picked text to put on each 2x2 advent block.
It was interesting to play with the program and figure it out. BUT
I would much rather use ephemera, papers, and other collectibles
I have and physically make them. Plus for some reason when they were all finished many of the backgrounds became fuzzy.
1) my SIL coming down to visit her love for our doggie
3) watching my hubby and sis play together laughter
5) the cold weather the miracles of God
7) beautiful decorations and being able to see them
9) my doggie enjoying his life right now the mental change
11) son's friend working him Fri/Sat being paid asa work is finished
13) sons arriving safely at their destination good cars
15) my son's DUI arrest wisdom to check the car for guns
17) my son's safety last night his zeal for life
19) God knowing every thing before it happens His loving kindness
I am so thankful God keeps watch over my son always. But especially when he is on duty. He called last night after making an arrest to say he had confiscated two guns on a DUI stop. Thank you God for giving him wisdom and for his backup. It brings tears to my eyes and comfort to my soul to know how much God loves him. The Bible talks about God giving his angels charge over us.
Saturday, November 22, 2008
these events are the ephemera, doodles, paints and layers upon
layers being added on to make us who we are. Each person is a rich source of inspiration. We are full of imagery, color, texture, text and ideas of our own. What type of substrate are you? an ole' ancient
book, a piece of worn wood collected from the seashore - touched by
the scorching sun, an archival elegant piece of paper or maybe you are the delicate handmade paper.
I love this book with easy to follow projects, information and ideas to get you thinking for yourself about creating a collage. The pics alone are reason to purchase this book and add it to your library.
Friday, November 21, 2008
Which works so much better than regular sketch paper.
You can blend the color with your finger. This is a great block
breaker. Its small and if you mess up no big deal. I can do this.
This particular gel pen is available at Big Lots in a nice case of 52 pens for $10.00. I may ask Santa for another case of pens.
Young artists would love these.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
for our anniversary. I think we both need the break. I pray God
would give my hubby a deep peace and settle his spirit to know that God is in control of our lives. Somewhere over the rainbow
there is a gorgeous sunsetting. Have A Glorious Day!!
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Sparklin' Ruby. I realize you have to let each color dry completely
before doing the next; otherwise it may smear. What do you think?
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
Now he makes a new memory for himself and his wife. I love it!! So after dark I went over, stood in the yard and took firsts. Pics to put in their book of firsts. This year for Thanksgiving my DIL will be working. I hate that but I am glad she has a great job. So we will just make dinner early enough for her to enjoy before going to work.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
trees in my yard. I had to gather up a bunch and scan them
for a remembrance. Yesterday my son and I blew and bagged
before my hubby arrived home from work. It was a wonderful
gesture on my son's part bc hubby would have come home dogged
tired and tried to do it. But for him it is also a time of therapy after
a long day at work. Meditative for him, a time to reflect.
My son had 40 minutes left before he had to leave for work. So I fed
him lunch and he went home, next door, to prepare for his evening of
Friday, November 14, 2008
Life's happenings can be comical at times. Slang for the word money - "peanuts", "pocket change". And just for the fun of it I used a french phrase under the little stick man. "N"s book winged its way to Tasmania in a torrential downpour.
We can outlast, outrun, and overcome the enemy's schemes of destruction. All it takes is the power of faith, not in a person, or material things, but in the true and living God. Keep praising and worshiping Him, even in the face of a fiery furnace.
There are seven points to learn in Daniel chapter 3
1. God deserves our worship. 2. In life, our faith is going to be challenged. 3. Acquire a "No matter what" confession. 4. When the heat is turned up it's important that you don't panic. 5. Even in the fire, remember you are not alone. 6. God uses the drama to get you to the next level. 7. Your faith will pay off eventually. God has already pre-wired you to win.
YOUR PROBLEM DOES NOT HAVE POWER OVER GOD,
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Here is another of "N"s book pages. This is my pic for the day
and Leilani approves of this message. I just had to say that.
She did look at the pages I have made since she is my inspiration
for doing them. Have you bought your Cloth,Paper, Scissors
issue for Nov/Dec?
The background on this page is from a class with Lisa Engelbrecht I took in April. Check out her Book of Intentions - our class was the first to view the book before she took it to Italy to teach. She is a wonderful teacher and great inspiration. I love her work.
You can't see it but the green star with dots is a fancy, sparkly fabric. The star just glitters. I beaded the other star. Added words in paper and wrote words with a calligraphy pen. I really must do more of the backgrounds to keep on hand.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
skeleton leaf on it given to me by Sherry for another class we took together online. I used felt pieces, yarn, paper and thread leftovers.
Here is a poem I wrote. I am reading Poemcrazy suggested by Leilani. So glad she mentioned this book.
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Take a listen to one of his songs.
and take a listen to this one - to the ones in life that never thought their life would go in this direction. Take Care
Before I begin - here is a little book tag for Carol of London's altered IW book. I punched out holes and added charms that read "HOPE". There is also a pink ribbon charm to represent the survivors of breast cancer. I am beginning to learn layering. HOPE FOR TOMORROW.
3) heat in my home being willing to help others
5) you that are reading this that you have eyes to see
7) my son coming up to work his friend giving him work
9) my hubby praying as i am typing this now reading the Word of God
11) God's promises my freedom to believe and be a Christian
13) living in Va being able to have a vet for my dog
15) a gift cert from work and buying family dinner with it
17) small business people my DIL working overtime
19) that God blesses your day His amazing love for all
Monday, November 10, 2008
1) my son's truck money to buy gas
3) prayers being heard a God who listens
5) quick trip to NN no backup on interstate
7) vets antibiotics for my dog
9) diagnosis - inflammation/fluid hope and prayer
11) love of hubby caring family
13) caring strangers their words of encouragement
15) receptionist and her kindness
17) fees not charged a kind doctor
19) being able to make dinner tonight and have food on the table
By Sunday he was really going through something. We could not figure out what. He hadn't hurt himself and I hadn't gotten tangled in his leash. We were
doing everything the vet had said do. I kept applying ice but his leg was looking not so good.
Last night I stayed awake and at 3:30am he wanted to go out. I thought to empty but he wanted to sit in the cold ground. I felt like he was saying "I give up, leave me alone." I wept and wept. Then I got angry. I began to pray for my dog. If everything in my home is under the domain of God then I was not exercising my authority over the situation. So I continued to pray and read scripture over my dog. My husband was truly beside himself with grief too. Since our
son was home last night hubby and I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood.
I listened to my husband begin to pray as we walked. He prayed for me, each one of our sons, our extended family and friends, and then our dog. He began to weep and repent for his attitude and negative words he had been speaking. What a cleansing for him and me - a fresh, crisp breakthrough; like the night air - the feeling of cleansing, a washing away of all the desperation we were feeling, the struggling with money and other issues. When he had finished I stood in amazement at the heart of my husband and the desire to please God that he so wants to have.
Sunday, November 09, 2008
The little book pages are 5x5. I began by using a children's book -
Chicken Little. I folded one page in half to use for the roof. I am going to use 1" hooks to hold it all together. Of course I have so much fabric, so I am beginning with that and adding in paper and words. Again thanks to Leilani for suggesting a book she loves - Poemcrazy.
The 2nd page will have an ATC "Fairey tales" on top. This is on photo paper using gel pens to color in the pic. When you flip it up the words "can come true" and a little duck with words "Oh No! i'm still a duck is placed at the bottom of the page.
I still have not forgotten my 400th blog post commitments. They will be coming. I promise to each person that left a comment. My attention span to mass produce does not exist. But then is it suppose to?
1) a praying hubby my son's commitment to volunteer fire dept
3) caring people my youngest helping today with doggie
5) listening to God wanting to hear what He says to me
7) fulfilling one commitment the post office being open today
9) library inter-library loans books
11) volunteers my hubby's truck
13) herbal meds God's faithfulness to humanity
15) contemplation poemcrazy
17) expression my job this summer
19) God's love His drawing me closer to Him
Saturday, November 08, 2008
1) for early morning wakeup for my doggie
3) being able to type being able to see
5) going outside feeling the coolness of the day
7) decluttering realizing what is really impt.
9) getting back on track able to travel
11) laughter challenges
13) evaluation/thinking my neighbors
15) feeling the sun on my face my son's willingness to facilitate a life group
17) walking/running freedom to express
19) the delete button security programs
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God." Corrie ten Boom
Friday, November 07, 2008
I am reading the book
The night of the election I went upstairs and made this collage. I knew the final result would not be the way I voted. But I knew the relief of it being over. I feel - Coronation of a Tulip. The USA made history - a history EU countries stated they would never have gone with. So funny they wanted the US to do what they blatantly stated they would never do. Life is Funny.
A group of Inspired ladies are posting 20 things they are grateful for each day.
1) freedom still to voice my opinion being born in a free society
3)my husband's love my police community where i live
5)my son's needing a job my DIL's tenderness
7)my son's college paid for each semester friends that can c me
9)my home my breath i breathe today
11)my health my messy art room
13)my stuff, lots of stuff my friend that calls me to pray
15)my arms, that i can lift my frustration with myself
17)my hubby's sacrifice to work raking leaves
19)the rain and that God never changes
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Our prompt - a web. The first one I did was white with orange background.
A spider web isn't black so I couldn't bring myself to use black.
Have you ever seen a spider undo its web? I have and it was so amazing
to watch. It went up and down each strand until it was hanging on by one
thread. Perfect balance.
On the second web I actually awoke the next morning with this web idea
running through my mind from the world wide web. Take all the journal
addys and make outer bands of the web then with words from each blog
site make the circular bands.
The words were too wet when I calligrahped them. So I will attempt this one again. The base is a copy of a world map.
I am going to attempt this out of fabric. I think it would be a really cool piece.
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
No history in the making or the history making would be totally different. Oh how we have changed history through abortion. We just don't realize how much!
Twin siblings wrote this book. Young entrepreneurs. You should read it.
They may take a breath - but it will be snatched from them. They may be born into the world only to be murdered at the hands of another person.
One Christian blogger ask how someone could vote only on the sanctity of life - ProLife. And to that I say it's the only decision that can not be undone or changed . Once you kill a baby you can not undo it. Someone can have the opportunity to make money if they want. The stock market can change, your job situation can change, your life can change - BUT you must be living in order for that to happen. You can change your hair color, your clothing, your status in life - but this CHANGE CAN NOT BE UNDONE - IT IS FOREVER.
I believe this is one area God is clear about. It's murder. HE values life because He is the one that created it not scientists in a lab for the taking/making.
Money matters - the taking of unborn children is a billion dollar business - all for convenience.
Tuesday, November 04, 2008
Monday, November 03, 2008
Linda's book was my first one. I chose Jackie O in organza fabric and lace
edging along with a quote from her mother, I think. The opposite page is
a quote by Tina Turner about her queen. Bc she lived up north I put a few
stamped fish on the page. The pages are not fancy but they are my first.
I didn't scan the direct pages, so the pics were scanned and added to my blog.
He was on the praise team, singing and playing the guitar. I just love watching the excitement as they worship the Lord.
When the pastor, Steve Kelley, stepped up to speak on healing I began to weep like a baby. The flood gates opened and I could not stop the tears from gushing out. My hubby, who was in the other room, heard me sobbing, and asked me was I ok. He is used to me crying over little things
that touch my heart but this was more like wailing deep within my soul. After a while I just
stopped crying like I had started except -- I felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off my chest.
I think the decision to go back to my spiritual roots of blogging brought this on.
The pastor was speaking on healing and ask ones that had been hurting for a long time to stand. He wanted the body to minister prayer to the people. When my hubby ask me what was wrong I told him to stand up and why. He didn't even question it - just came into the room where I was
and listened and remained standing too. He has hurt for so long - I know God can heal him -instantly. God's ways are not our ways!!
My blog title today said it all for me - I felt like I was walking down this road full of dust that was being constantly stirred up and could not get my breath. The grit and dryness on my tongue was horrific. I was beyond parched. No amount of water could have brought refreshing to me BUT the WORD of GOD (the living water) made all the difference in the world. Thank you GOD.
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Deep Cleaning - Hooray!! We started in the attic - rearranged, threw
away, gave away stuff.
A careful look
through the yard, piling up stuff. One pile of tree cutting, natural debris -
off to the dump. Another pile of metals - free - no charge at the dump -
it can be recycled. And then the last pile - landfill. My yard clean - clear
A careful look
my personal stuff - my fabric, my books, my art supplies.
A careful look
I too like Fannie made a decision to begin anew. My heart's desire when I began my blog one year ago in October - to journal everyday with God - a real life relationship shared on a blog
- an extension of my writing/journaling in my private journals. Somehow I have gotten far away from my deepest desire and it shows in my life - a reflection - I choose to "declutter".