Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hawaii and Inspired Tags

Sister Birthday

i called my sis on her birthday. wondered if she took her phone to Hawaii for vacation. don't know that i would have. She is having a blast with my cousin and aunt all expenses paid by our cousin.
Wow good thing i called while she's there bc my cousin extended the visit to me - room and board taken care of just buy my plane ticket. Um! wonder if i can fit this in before surgery. lol
what a treat that would be. My sis was so excited sharing about all she has seen so far and that my cousin was flying them over to the big island and they were visiting one more island too.
My cousin treated them to a dinner cruise on my sisters birthday. She so deserves this time away from all of her responsibilities. When she gets home i will tell her about my diagnosis.
But for now let her enjoy her break away from it all in peace and joy.




Inspired Tags


my art took back seat when the mammo/ultrasound was scheduled. i just could not concentrate.
But i had two deadlines looming by EOM. So i needed to figure out a way to step back into art.
What better way than to do repetitive tags, 25 to be exact. The tag was to be something about yourself and required a pic of self. So i made an inchie head. I don't do "self" stuff. BUT GOD had already prepared me at the end of last year through now to begin buying pink fabric, even breast cancer fabric. HE had also began teaching me to love the color pink. He has such a sense of humor.
So from there the above tags have been created and mailed out to Cheryl, who will collect all and send me back my 25. I am looking forward to these and have a feeling they will mean more to me than i realize right now as time goes on. If not for the cancer i could never have put a crown on my head - so this was fun and humorous and freeing.

4 comments:

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I love your tags! So sweet. It should be one terrific sight to see 25 different ones! What a cool swap!

Sounds like your sister is getting an oppertunity of a lifetime! Your cousin is very generous!

Hang in there girl, still praying for you and your family!

morningDove said...

hey UU hanging in, would you like to hang too? you know what i mean. lol

NEEDLEWINGS said...

You know I am always hangin'. lol

So do you know anyone by the name SallyV? It's the word verification. You never know, it might mean someone or something. Perhaps it's
French, C'est la vie-- In both English and French this expression means that's life.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

You know I am always hangin'. lol

So do you know anyone by the name SallyV? It's the word verification. You never know, it might mean someone or something. Perhaps it's
French, C'est la vie-- In both English and French this expression means that's life.