Thursday, April 02, 2009

Booter-fly


booter-fly

after taking my first fun art class i drew this.
Mechanical pencil, Colored pencils on sketch paper,
highlighted black sharpie pen.
i've added glitter pens on the ladies bodies.
UU if you take a look at this
you can see i dressed my front lady.
i love whimsy!
i'm always curious about the nose rings, belly rings and tats young people. they are a'searchin' just like you and me. if we ever get past all the xterior we may find a wonderful inner soul hiding under it all. pink hair, no hair, spiked hair, stiff hair. different clothing, handmade clothing, what's that in her hair?

this morning in my quiet time and reading my daily Bible devotions i drew another pic from the circumstances we are praying will change. But only by God's intervention - change of heart.
i'll post that one tomorrow - i showed it to my son during our breakfast time together.

keep praying!!

5 comments:

Sharon Sloan said...

Thanks for letting me know about the mistaken reference number on my blog post. I love both Psalm 119 and 139, so I probably did "119" by habit.

Great Art!

Sharon

My Journey to Hope said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! I've been really burdened to do something about the sexual exploitation of women for a while, but it wasn't until recently that I've found an outlet. God opened up an opportunity for me to work with a ministry in my own city! I'm really excited to get a chance to be His hands and feet. So if He's put it on your heart, He'll open the door!

:) Michelle

Just a Simple Gal - Judy in Huntsville - AL said...

I'm late on getting my once-a-month-giveaway gifties out and you won for March! Send me your address and I'll get it out to you - J
Judy@faithbasedpages.com

Jacq said...

You have been so busy with all your great drawings. I love the whimzy.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Love how you covered her up with a penny. LOL