Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Black Eyed Susan


Here is my project for QA PSI's. This is a postcard with inchies going to Barbara at Quilting Arts magazine for all her hard work. Thank you, Barbara. They are black-eyed Susan's from my flower garden.


I have a friend named Susan. She was very dear to me and moved away. But we still try to stay in touch. I may send this to her along with another wall hanging I did for her.

Here is my big project of PSI's an 8x10 wall hanging. It is a computer-generated pic of my black-eyed Susan's from the garden. I cut the pic apart and made inchies. I placed them how I wanted on the fabric, added beads and steam-a-seamed them down. I added gros-grain ribbon at the bottom with beaded letters spelling out "Black Eyed Susan". I cut out another larger flower and appliqued it on. When I get it back from QA I am going to add a zillion black/brown seed beads on the button in the center. In Quilting Arts Oct/Nov 2007 magazine Julie Hirota had a wonderful article on Fiber Tiles. That is where I got this idea from. Hope she does not mind my using the idea. "It's in the mail", "It's on the way" so the sayings go. I hope it makes MA in time.

1 comment:

Veri said...

wonderful work. I love blackeyed susan too and the card is so nice. A very good idea to take inchies for make a picture. hugs - Veri