Sunday, October 21, 2007

The Learning Curve



There are days you are in the learning curve. This is one of those days for me. This is not originally what I wanted to post. I wanted to upload an amateur video I did showing one of my FAT tags. Needless to say that did not happen.

So I am posting Day 2 of "Walk By Faith, Not By Sight". Day 1 was the beginning of my created blog. I never did explain what Walk By Faith is. One day as I was preparing to walk my dog I decided I wanted some rusty, old, beat up, metal bottle caps. I thought as I walked I would look for some. Like in the OT when God and Adam visited in the garden in the cool of the day, God and I have these little conversations when I walk. He and I have this "thing" about me finding pennies. It reminds me of a promise He gave to me about my life.

Anyway, looking for rusty metal bottle caps expanded on the first day into "Walk By Faith, Not By Sight" and a quilt I may make from this 8-day pickup of "man droppings". You're familiar with doggie droppings, well, man droppings is the name I call the stuff I found on my walk.

It is amazing the unusual droppings one person can find while walking! But The Creator offered a challenge to me in this pickup. I could only pickup droppings that would fit into one of my pants pockets. That proved to be even more interesting. What this little challenge made me do was to become more observant of my surroundings And of course, as I walked the angels continued to drop pennies from Heaven for me to collect and to remind me of my promise. That's what a friend tells me because everyday when I walk I call her and laugh and tell her how many coins I have found for the day. She says it encourages her in her daily walk to trust God. The metals I have found prove to be interesting pieces that draw me to do something with them. And of course, I found the old, rusty, beaten up metal bottle caps I was looking for.

No comments: