Sunday, January 04, 2009

Felt Like Winter

I finally was able to work on one little project - a felted postcard for FAT. The only thing I added was another dove moving downward between the two. The entire background has been felted and the little blue snowflake is roving also. The other day I was shredding old postcards and realized if I put them in a certain way the small words would stay readable. That's where "the season" phrase came from. It feels good to finally do something.






Too Small To Contain It All


is the title of my devotional read for today. This is another great scripture I quote quite often.


1 Cor. 2:9
Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.




I have promises that only God can fulfill with me being yielded to His Spirit. Do you have any great exploits that you know without a doubt God has placed in your spirit. I still, like Abraham believe, but like Sarai, will not try to accomplish before He is ready for them to be completed.
I would not want to create an Ishmael in my life.




The prayer at the end says this "Lord Jesus, I give up. The only way i can hold the things You have shown me, the only way i can do the things You have asked me to do, is through Your strength and ability. Reveal Your glory, power, and grace through my inadequacies and weakness.


All i can do is YIELD to Your Spirit and say,
"Yes, Lord. May Your will be done in my life."




So I wait, but sometimes wonder why others promises have been fulfilled while I still wait.
And that's the truth. So you too keep your eyes open and your ears atune.
I just found this Kelly Corrigan YouTube read. Don't know anything about her but apparently she wrote a book "The Middle Place". All this to say "Thank YOU" to all the lady artists bloggers I have met along the way in the last year. You are fantastic people.

5 comments:

Sue said...

This postcard is beautiful!

Val Foster said...

I really love this piece. It's simple and elegant....not an easy thing to accomplish in most art.

I also thank you very much for the scripture you posted. It hits home to me.

Thank you, sister in the Lord.

Jacq said...

Your postcard is very lovely.

sherry carrigan said...

Dove the postcard is beautiful and so is your post. I'm really glad your back to some daily sharing of the Word. You help keep me straight and keep my heart soft. Thank you!

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Your post card is so sweet! I love how soft and elegant it looks!