Thursday, December 04, 2008

I am Artiste

"N" sent me this great little book made totally of threads and such. I love the brown paper bags recycled into pages with cute little kitty stamps on each page. On the cover "I love dogs." Thank you "N" for the gift of creativity and inspiration. Artiste live on.




Saying Yes is a great book. Pope John Paul wrote a letter to all artists in 1999.

It begins like this

"To all who are passionately dedicated to the search for new “epiphanies” of beauty so that through their creative work as artists they may offer these as gifts to the world.
“God saw all that he had made, and it was very good” (Gn 1:31)"


What a wonderful legacy to be reminded of and to keep one focused as an artist. What is the earliest creative thing you can remember doing? God has requested my presence as an artist. The Artist of all the ages, the Creator, Himself has put everything in me to create and express His love to the world.

Who along the way has influenced your artistic tendencies? Who are your believing mirrors?

After reading halfway through this book something inside me has changed. I can now give myself permission to "fan into flame the gift of God" inside me. My presence is requested and its never too late to show up. In Saying Yes there is this statement that I love:


"His (G0d)'s laughter rolled through the heaven as He watched from His studio."


I stood out on my deck in the early morning and gazed up at the sky filled with sparkling stars. Diamonds exchanging glances from one to another and then exploding on the scene for man to experience God's wonderful light show in the sky. What a treat and a great way to begin the day.

No comments: