Monday, August 25, 2008

Creative Textile Art

Fused Felted Art

Ok yesterday I went down to pickup the permanent tags for the Scion. So never waste a trip near an art store. I explored my Joann's store and I always gravitate toward the book section. Actually I think I've mentioned my fetish for books like some women have for shoes or clothes. Well I was not disappointed!! With my trusty little discount coupon I purchased Fusing Fabric by Margaret Beal.

I spent the evening drooling over the pics and techniques. So since I am off today thought I would give it a go. I had purchased a Creative Textile tool over a year ago but never played with it. I pulled out my felt and fabrics and started to play. I wasn't worried about failing only experimenting with unusual fabrics and fibers.


Here are two pics I finished. The larger piece is blue felt with all kinds of layered fabrics fused together. I like the burned hole in the piece. And the last felted leaf, which by the way the scan is awful, is fused too. There is a lot of technique in this one. More than someone would realize. I burned an indention in it and placed my version of a beaded caterpillar in it. Then I beaded the glow-in-the-dark green word "good" on to it also. The colors aren't even close to the real thing.


The next day I have off again I will experiment some more. Fun, fun, fun.

A GIVE AWAY BY NOEL She is an awesome beader and makes beautiful icicle dolls. Go on over and check out her give away by clicking on her name.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Dove, both of your pieces look very inspiring...you did a great job on them...look forward to see your other experimanet!
Thanks for mentioning my giveaway!

Hugs,
Noel