Sunday, July 06, 2008

Beauty


I love this scripture "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised." Proverbs 31:30


I take my True Identity-The Bible for Women-becoming who you are in Christ

with me to work everyday. When I have a quiet moment that is what I usually read.

A little note on the side of the page states "8.7 million Americans received some form of plastic surgery in 2003 - a 32 percent increase from 2002. -American Society of Plastic Surgeons

I wonder what it is in 2008?

I hear of many young girls in their late teens getting face changes, and breast implants. Seems their parents have no problem forking out the money to do it either. What does all this say about our society? What are we really worshipping? Where is our focus?


Maybe its time we examine our own heart to decide whether our beauty comes from "outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles, wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes" or from "our inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight."

1 Peter 3:3-4


I was pondering this after reading the topic and began to people watch again. The way a person carries their body speaks volumes. Yesterday a family with 3 little girls came in. They were absolutely adorable. And the little dresses and shoes they had on made them so much more noticeable. But their faces were the part that captivated me the most. Their smiles and demeaner definitely let me know they were happy, confident little girls. Their mommy and daddy have nurtured them in a safe environment. The poise of one of them in particular was very noticeable. She was just so care-free and happy-go-lucky. What a joy to watch!!

No comments: