Saturday, July 19, 2008

Birds Of A Feather

flock together. Did you know a group of chickens is called a PEEP.
or
that a group of hummingbirds is called a TROUBLING?
or
a FLIGHT of cormorants
or
a MURDER of crows
or
a DULE of doves
or
a covey of quail
or
a ballet of swans.
Most bird-watchers learn to identify birds by their vocalizations, which tend to be specific to a species but some birds mimic other birds. Catbirds or mockingbirds copy songs of other songbirds. Starlings will mimic car alarms and even human voices. info taken from Grandfather's Book.

I found this most interesting and even amuzing as last night I was reading this info and watching a show called "NUMB3ERS". What I found more intriguing was the guy on the show was explaining how like birds have distinct sounds they make so do airplanes on the radars. So different planes can be detected in the air by their sound.
I'm not sure if this is true or just part of an intersting story line but what are the chances that I would be reading this info just as a show comes on talking about the very thing?
BELEIVE IT OR NOT!!
Now I'm off to work; more training!!
An interesting book I am reading:
The Unplanned Career-How to Turn Curiosity into Opportunity
aren't you curious even a little bit?

No comments: