Saturday, July 26, 2008

Showing Kindness

During the evening hour I had a break in work long enough to
capture the sun setting. I had taken my camera to work with me.
I love watching the sun rise and set. Its so magnificent an act that
God automatically does every day. He created everything for His pleasure and I get to enjoy it too.

I also, if time permits, like taking pictures of families and friends as they are ending their fun time playing miniature golf. So many times one person takes all the pics and is never in the family photo. Its one little small gesture I can do when possible.



I was reading Proverb 25 last night at work. Verse 21 and 22 are very hard to do. It reads:

If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat;
if he is thirtsy, give him water to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head,
and the Lord will reward you.

What does your enemy need? When you show kindness to someone who does not deserve it, you're exhibiting a characteristic of God.
Deadly News
Saddened when young people make unwise choices that cost them their lives and lives of friends. It was very sad to hear about two young men - a junior in high school and a graduate of high school last year - that made bad choices - to drink and drive; and to accelerate their car speed on a windy road. They were pronounced dead on the scene after flipping their car. One of the young men I work with is devastated bc he went to school with them.
Poor choices make for bad results.

2 comments:

Jacq said...

Your sunset picture is beautiful

Sue said...

That's so thoughtful to offer to take photos for families...I'm sure it's always appreciated.