Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Give Me Grit

LTC workshop

This is an experiment with gesso, sand and acrylic paints on 140lb watercolor paper. I don't have a clue what I am doing. But I loved the colors and the texture of the sand. I took it outside yesterday and did a 360 turn taking pics at different angles in the sun. What a fun project.








Getting My Attention
What does God do to get your attention? or does He always have it? Yesterday I was reading in Acts about Stephen chosen as one of the seven to minister to the widows. I knew God was impressing on me something in this story. But what?! When I awoke this morning I took my doggie out but not for a walk. He has hurt his leg again and can't put pressure on it. So we allow him to heal but are contemplating getting an xray on it.

I don't usually turn on tv but today I did and a show was discussing "Rich Women." The author made a comment on a study that said baby boomer women will outlive their husbands by 15 years. And that in the elderly 95% will be women living in poverty. Now that got my attention. She said women need to educate themselves on money matters including investing and saving. Its never too late to learn. Then I read a friend's post she sent me from a pastor on "Serving One Another." \I took two bags of clothing to DAV but while there I felt impressed to go inside and was drawn to the books. I actually purchased two books: 1) American Women Artists by Charlotte Rubinstein and the other book 2) Widow to Widow - Thoughtful, Practical Ideas for Rebuilding Your Life by Genevieve Ginsburg. I have wept quite a bit this morning pondering this topic. I know widows and orphans are dear to God's heart.

Now what do I do with all this churning within my spirit? Ponder and listen for direction.

2 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

Very interesting Dove. Can't wait to see what you create. I so need to get back to playing a little.

Fannie said...

Great colors and interesting textures.

He gets my attention by giving me challenges or giving me extreme joy!