Sunday, September 14, 2008

Witch-e Woman

I am taking a collage layering workshop. This is so hard for me.
I started with modge podge and layered purple and black tissue paper. A little stamping, gesso, and acrylic paint. When I put the circles on there were actually three. But I turned the canvas upside down and the circles reminded me of the wicked witch in Wizard of Oz riding her bike when Dorothy was up in the tornado. From there as they say the rest was down hill. A little pun there. I liked the large purple witch but I shaded her down to blend in more with the moom effect. I then placed another smaller purple witch at the bottom right. I want to put the words "I'll get you my pretty" somewhere on the collage. And I still need to work it more but I'm stuck in what to do. I think I need to highlight the small witch too.


This has really been fun especially putting on stuff with my fingers. I love the feel of glue and paints on my fingers.

No comments: