Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Withdrawal from Pics

This is only the second day with no pictures on my blog. I really love my pics. Well I have definitely quietened my spirit and soul. Yesterday I really cleaned my room. Its so clean I wasn't sure who's room I was in. I even rearranged the room and it definitely opened up more floor space.

I am trying to read the book of Ezekiel in the Bible. Oh boy!! I have listened and listened again to yesterday's song "Everything To Me." I know what its like to be one that grew up in Sunday school and went to church every Sunday and Wednesday night and every time the doors were opened. But I want more, I want that relationship with God that touches the heart of Him and moves the mountains with the faith of a mustard seed. I know its not impossible.

I have been working on my MMSD class. I made the concertina book. It's a sweet pink wool with pink mulberry bark. If you remember I don't usually work in pink but lately that seems to be the color I gravitate toward and purple. Today I began work on the box with drawers. It's only 5" square but it does involve building up layers. I have the base of the box all together. Now I just need to hand stitch the sides. That alone could stop me in my tracks - the hand stitching. I don't like to hand stitch. I've used red wool, dyed cheese cloth, purple and burgundy roving, skeleton leaves, torn pages from a magazine and misty fuse. I enclosed it all in pale purple tulle. Tomorrow I may finish it. We will see.

Interesting that I can't post pics right now.
The quote I came across in "Quotable Women - A Celebration" is

"The most beautiful things in the world can
not be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart."
Helen Keller
and
"There is so much in the world for us all if we only have the eyes to see it,
and the heart and the hand to gather it ourselves..."
Lucy Maud Montgomery

3 comments:

Sue said...

I have always loved that quote from Helen Keller. Thanks for the reminder.

Noel said...

This is a very passionate statement by helen Keller....one of my favorites!
Thanks for sharing the progress on your projects.

Fannie said...

That quote by Helen Keller is my favorite. I have a rubber stamp with it, and a framed wall art decorated with pressed flowers.

You may not have pics on your blog, but your words paint beautiful and inspiring pictures that show your heart. Nice.