Thursday, November 08, 2007

According to His Purpose

This little fabric bowl holds an assortment of lush fabrics I picked out to make into a fabric postcard. The postcard in the bowl was made with chopped up pieces of scrap fabric, tulle, crinkle angelina and BoNash. The base fabric was hand-dyed, but I did not like the end result so I covered it up. Afterwards I added the deep purple applique flower and encircled it with hand-dyed yarn. It will travel to Canada, where it will find a permanent home.

I was pondering the verse that says "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...". You know I have loved many things in this world and chased after them too. But none of those things brought me satisfaction, complete contentment or joy like knowing I am in God's purpose. That is the last part of the verse "... to them who are the called according to his purpose." At present I know that where I am is right in the middle of where God wants me. That is a comfort in the midst of this crazy world.
Still I struggle with all things working for good.
I see members of my own family struggling with injustices occurring in the work place; no integrity, lying tongues and sewing of discord. I must keep my eyes focused on the Creator to see how He chooses to handle the situation with my dearest. I can't fix the situation and make it better. I can't work a finished solution like I did with the postcard. Out of scrapes, pains, and bits-n-pieces of our lives comes the finished product - a person that can say "no matter the outcome I will believe all things work together for good."

2 comments:

Jacq said...

I've read and reread your post and it has been in the back of my head all day. I believe more then ever that I am where I should be in my life and that I am happy to be here, though sometimes I may grumble a bit.

morningDove said...

Hi Jacq - I know about grumbling although until today I thought I was doing pretty good. Boy did the Lord show me otherwise. I'm glad He is perfecting me and He is so gracious.