Thursday, December 27, 2007

40 days-In God's Presence

The number 8 represents New Beginnings 2008



Hubby and I went to Books-a-Million last night and I bought this book $5.97 and a new $3.00 80-page sketchbook.


Today is the prelude to a 40-day devotional In God's Presence by Rebecca Jordan I will begin tomorrow. I will be sketching along with meditating on the day's study everyday.





After dropping hubby off this morning I came back and read the intro and sketched with colored pencils. I love the quote Jordan makes reference to from Richard Foster. "The love of the Father is like a sudden rain shower that will pour forth when you least expect it, catching you up into wonder and praise and unspeakable speech. When this hapens, do not put up an umbrella to protect yourself but rather stand in the drenching rain of the Father." from his book Prayer: Finding the Heart's True Home.
On our cruise we captured this rainbow after
a beautiful rain on the ferry crossing from St Thomas to St John Island.
It was another beautiful show from the Creator! My hubby always says that when he goes to Heaven he will help God with his paintbox of colors on the sunsets.
He always makes me smile when he says that.
He enjoys the sunsets on the Colonial Parkway near our home.

5 comments:

So Much To See said...

Wonderful start - so colorful. I look forward to seeing what God impresses on you daily as you read and meditate.

morningDove said...

thanks debee-i colored the opposite page with acrylic paints and found musical cds from my walk this morning. i'll post it tomorrow.

Barbara said...

thanks for your kind words on my blog...wow...A RAINBOW !! ..is it for me??...
wish you a wonderful 2008!
HUGS Barbara
PS.your blog is beautiful...will visit again!!

Fannie said...

I see you have a new goal. How wonderful. I will follow with interest and extract inspiration from each post. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

THE image in my mind of your husband helping god with his paintbox made me smile, now that would be a wonderful job to do - i love it