Monday, December 10, 2007

Last Minute Details


27 Anniversary Cruise Countdown


Day 6 - less than a week away. We are making final preparations to leave on our cruise. The packing will begin, last minute paperwork to family in case, well just in case. Reminding my sons where we keep all of our important documents if they were to need them, and phone numbers posted on the frig of doctors, vet, etc. I remember 27 years ago making final preparations leading up to the 20th of December. My wedding day! Last minute details, coordinating relatives/friend's travels to the area, checking, checking and rechecking. Every year my DH and I recall all the wonderful times and a few hard times we have experienced through the years. It's good to reflect where we have come from and great looking forward to where we are going. But most of all I want to enjoy this day and all God has for me today.




Final Step - The Artist Circle Tags


Here is the last step in the painting/prepping stage of the 12 tags. I had to dry brush them with gesso. It makes them all appear with a flat finish. This technique is hard for me because you put gesso on the brush and then wipe it off until there is very little left on the brush. Seems like such a ridiculous thing to do. I remember when stenciling first became a popular technique, I felt the same way. I never seemed to remove enough paint. I am too impatient to keep rubbing it off the brush. But there were only two tags that I had a blotch of gesso on. I have gotten better over time.


After the first of the year we will have fun with embellishments and binding the tags into a book. So between now and the New Year I must decide on a theme and find ephemera-related items. I am not sure but I believe my theme will be "27 Years."

2 comments:

Jacq said...

Your tags look great, I hope to catch up in the next few days.

Fannie said...

"27 years" sounds like a good theme. I have to catch up with my tags.