Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I Remember

27th Anniversary Cruise Countdown


5 days until we sail into the sunset. So much to do and so little time to do it in. This week is not going the way I planned it. lol. What week ever does?

I remember... little feet shimming up a tree barefoot,

I remember... a little guy climbing into his tree fort and falling on concrete,
laying there and a brother that knelt down to pray he would be ok.

I remember... a little one pushing his tricycle in the backyard and his curly hair
waving in the wind.

I remember... Easter egg hunts around the yard and laughter in glee as they
found all the eggs and begged me to hide them again.

I remember... the first bike and the pain of getting a leg caught under the bike.

I remember... dad picking him up, carrying him to the emergency room - a broken leg.

I remember... tears, laughter, exhaustion, and joy unspeakable.

I remember...in this place we call "Home"!!


Artist Trading Cards


Veri asked me to trade ATCs with her. She selected the themes of nature and children.
My flower is needle-felted with orange DMC embroidery thread dispersed underneath each petal. The leaves are fabric needle-felted. I stitched the flower outline with white DMC embroidery thread also.
I discovered I could felt the fabric if I placed wool underneath and on top of the fabric and worked it into the background fabric.
The little sleepy-headed boy is from a Victorian clipart book. He is watercolor painted. I didn't know they make blank ATCs. The background is a pressed wool blank ATC. The phrase "wake up you sleepy head" is on computer printed fabric. I put it in German also, since it will be going to Germany. The final touch is a purple yarn trim around the edge. I hope Veri likes them.

2 comments:

Fannie said...

Five more days!

Jacq said...

Your ATC is great, so much on such a small surface.