Thursday, June 26, 2008

Practice Does Not Always Make Perfect

UTEE - ultra thick embossing enamel
Here are some samples from this weeks workshop using embossing powders, which I know nothing about. I did buy some last month, but couldn't remember why. I must have looked ahead to see I would need them. The top two on black fabric are using a stamp with purple Tulip acrylic paint, then pouring utee on and heat setting with a heat gun.
The brown felt is done the same way. Then the black fabric sample beside the brown felt is using the PearlEx powder. Very interesting if you want glitz. I still want to know if you can melt the utee, dip a rubber stamp in to it and stamp with it. Or would it dry too quick?
Does it ruin the stamp?
I wonder if Kathleen, my teacher at QA, would know the answers to all my questions.

1 comment:

Jacq said...

Looks like you are having a lot fun with UTEE.