Tuesday, January 08, 2008

The Lone Button



or Button, Button, Who's Got the Button

Today is the last day to post pics to the FAT Dorset Button trade. Here is my one, lone, little, blue button. The only one right now I feel worthy of posting for trade. The others are flawed. They are my learning curve buttons. Aren't you glad God does not have a learning curve and that He sees us as perfect through Jesus' eyes. Worthy of the ultimate trade - Jesus' life for mine, for yours. A life in eternity! The button was placed on page 19 from the book "50 Heirloom Buttons to Make". One day maybe I will make buttons that look like this, but not today.

Day 12 - The God Who Knows All
or there was a day I would have with sarcasm called Him "Mr. Know-It-All". As a little girl I could never reconcile in my mind and heart why if He was such a loving God would He take my dad away from me when I was only three. And as I type this I realize that maybe that is why I have such a love for the number 3. Hidden deep within all of us are things God wants us to reconcile with Him. The "whys" probably will never be answered this side of Heaven. But today's scripture is one I have grown to love and cherish as I have grown older. If 1 Corinthians 13 is considered the love chapter then Psalm 139 is the chapter of new birth for me.


"O Lord, thou hast searched me, and known me." and verse 14 -
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." and verse 17 -

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God!
how great is the sum of them!!

Through my high school English classes I fell in love with the King James version of the Bible.
There is an elegance in all the "Thee's and Thou's".

As a little girl I would lay in the grass for hours looking down
into the world of ants and bugs. I would find a fascination in a
world that was so minuscule to most and yet to me very fascinating.
A world that most people ignored and never wondered were
they crushing another creature's "earth" as they traveled about
on their feet; like in the book Gulliver's Travels. I lay there
pondering God and the "why's".
Longing for an answer that would never come. Except to discover verse 23,24
Search me, O God, and know my heart:
try me, and know my thoughts:
And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.


Because if I could reconcile that I was the cause of why my dad was taken,
maybe I was bad, maybe I wasn't worth loving, maybe, maybe....
then that would explain all my hurt and pain. Then it would go away
and I could love The Everlasting God with all my heart, soul and mind.
Until then I would struggle with God.

1 comment:

Fannie said...

Whoever receives your button will be fortunate. Beautiful.