Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Can See A Blind Spot

Day 13-40 days In God's Presence


The God Who Opens Blind Eyes




It's not a question of "Are there any blind spots
in my life?"

but where are they and please Lord give me
eyes to see them
and know how to correct them. Then DO IT.
Every time I do handwork I am reminded
I need better light. Then when I finish I go on
my merry way and don't correct the lighting issue. Now that is not smart. As a matter of fact
that is down right irresponsible. I know what
needs to be corrected in this instance and I continue to sit in the dark.
Here are five buttons I finished yesterday for the FAT Dorset Button Trade, just in a nic-of-time. Good lighting would have made the job so much easier. I did sit outside in the 70's degree weather for a little while and enjoy the natural light and the smell of fresh air.
I wonder what areas in my spiritual life I am continuing to sit in the dark on after God has enlightened me. I like the "Personal Truth" in today's study.
Once you've seen the LIGHT, darkness is not an option.

3 comments:

Jacq said...

Your buttons look great. We all need more light in our life, but sometimes it is hard to acknowledge that.

So Much To See said...

Love the buttons, especially the one with the beads. Seems like old buttons on sweaters...
And just where did you have this 70 degre day? I thought you lived in the colder part of the country. *grin* Your journaling reminds me of James 1:22-24 - after glimpsing ourselves in a mirror we leave and "forget" what we looked like. Great reminder about our blind spots, Dove.

morningDove said...

Hey Debee - thanks for the scripture to carry on this study. I'll take a look. Can you believe Virginia had three days of high temps. Shorts and t-shirts.
Jacq: you're right, I know I need a better light to do handwork but would I rather sit in dark and strain?!