Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Detours-Divine Encounters To Open Roads Spiritually



Day 6 - In God's Presence
The God Of Detours

Detours - Divine Encounters to Open Up Roads Spiritually
my little acronym
I awoke at 1:08 am this morning desiring a deeper 40-day time in God's Presence.

I studied the scripture reference Exodus 13: 17,18 and 21-25. In oppression God raised a deliverer. God prepares us, tests our faith and toughens us for the journey. He led them by a pillar of cloud in day and a pillar of fire in the night. No matter; the point is He led them. In dancing someone has to lead, what kind of follower are you?

I wanted to see what the word "detour" showed if I searched the web. I found the band Detour and this wonderful new songwriter/singer named Kristyna Myles singing with Chris DeBurgh and here. He is a very popular singer in Germany and their song was "The Raging Storm". Click on her highlighted name and give it a listen. You won't be disappointed. "Here" is her song called "My Lord". Her praise to the Lord of Lords.

This is the kind of detour God leads you on if you are willing to follow. I will share this site with my oldest son, who loves writing music. It will give him hope to continue to follow his dreams.


Collage Journal Page

This collage was initiated from an orange plastic wrapper
holding oranges. I wanted to do something totally spontaneous. I used stickers and a coupon I received from my trip to Quilting Adventures. I was drawn to stickers of fire trucks and police cars and volkswagen beetle cars, a ship and tools. All these things represent my family members. This was a fun little project. I want to be free to create.
Where He leads I will follow.
Faith is what leads me.

No comments: