Friday, January 11, 2008

Let The Dust Settle


As we traveled up the winding roads of Tortola we were treated to beautiful murals painted on the banks of the hillside by different artists. Aren't they lovely. They depict the days long since passed of the earlier inhabitants.

Day 15 - The OverPowering God
40 days In God's Presence

Is there someone God wants you to speak to,
or something for which you need to take a stand?

There have been times when God ask me to speak into a situation with friends. When we are asked to do this, one can really find out who their friends are and if their friendship is strong enough and grounded enough in God to weather the storm of "truth". For many its a hard road to hoe. The Bible says "Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful. Prov 27:6
When I have had friends speak into me I have been all the better for it - IF I was willing to evaluate what had been said and let the filter of God's love work through it.

FLOWER ZENTANGLE



I love doodling zentangles. I hope to transfer this drawing into a quilt.
I know I could paper piece it or produce it in log cabin shapes. I could even applique it.
But I am not sure how I will do it. Any suggestions? Maybe I could try Fannie's technique using Neocolor pastels?

5 comments:

So Much To See said...

Your zentangle already looked like a quilt - I had to make it larger to see it really was just lines on paper. I like your ideas on different techniques... why not make this small (postcard?) and try them all? I know each one will be a unique and beautiful creation.
Thanks also for continuing to share your journey in 40 Days in God's presence. We all need true friends who are willing to be honest with us - so we don't forget our blind spots!

Barbara said...

what beautiful pictures of artists. Your zentangle is beautiful and I think you will do the best with this one.
Barbara xo

morningDove said...

Hey debee: great idea with postcard. I think I will take you up on this one. I keep forgetting i can do small. thanks so much.
Hi Barbara: I come to your site just about everyday to listen to your music and think of you, your girls and hubby's love.

Jacq said...

Your zentriangle looks like it was a lot of fun to create. You could do so many things with this technique.

Fannie said...

I think your zentangle would be a great postcard using neocolors and thread painting. Go ahead, play with it. You're welcome to play with my technique. You may discover something new for all of us.