Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I Danced For You - Radical Love

Day 5 - The God Of Radical Love

Luke 6:35

Jesus spoke of love, radical love - loving your enemy, not just your neighbor.
I don't think I have any enemies, though.

God tells us "Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult but with blessing because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1Peter3:9

I want that blessing!!

My little sketch is of a dancing angel. She rejoices over you and me. She is "wired" to dance for joy for all. Some of you may have put on your dancing shoes and rung in the New Year last night. But hey! let's all put on our dancing shoes this new day and dance before the Lord like David did in the Old Testament.

Come on!! free yourself from the old stuff, shake off all the garbage hanging on, no one is watching you there in the safety of your home. Just do a radical dance for Jesus. He loves it when we rejoice because of Him. Do the dew dance, the early morning java dance, it's better than a cup of coffee. Caffeine in the feet, it's so sweet. Lightens your load and makes you laugh. No one sees but Him. So celebrate the New Year He has begun, join in the fun.




NEOCOLOR SunFlower First Attempt



This pic is for my friend, Fannie. She does an excellent job using Neocolor wax pastels. Over a year-n-half ago I discovered this great little product. And here was my first attempt at using Neocolor Wax Pastel crayons last year or was it the end of '06. It doesn't matter when; only that I tried them. I even serged the edges instead of using my sewing machine. A friend gave me her old serger. Wish I had someone to teach me how to use my serger. Any takers?!
I look at this piece everyday in my bathroom, but really I don't; if you know what I mean. It's there but I've become oblivious to it on the wall. How many other things am I like that too? Or more importantly how many people. I will work on seeing using a different eye, right Fannie?!?










4 comments:

Fannie said...

A Christ-centered life results in Happiness and Success. I wish you a Happy Feracious New Year! ;-D

Jacq said...

Thank you for your uplifting thoughts.

So Much To See said...

A joyous, artful and feracious (thanks for the vocabulary lesson, Fannie) New Year to you! I'm too pooped to dance on the outside, but my heart is dancing on the inside! May your artwork continue to dance to His music.

Fannie said...

Your Neocolor Sunflower is Great! You already see with the "third eye"--from the heart. Thanks for the dedication, Dove.

Yes, DeBee--a joyous, artful and Feracious New Year!