Sunday, January 06, 2008

Wisdom and Zentangles

Day 10 - The God Of All Wisdom & Knowledge

Ask for whatever you want me to give you? 2Chronicles 1:7

Solomon's hour had come. Imagine God saying this to you!! What would you do? What are the desires of your heart?Solomon didn't ask for gold, fame, success, or to live a long life. As the King, he asked for wisdom and knowledge that he could lead the people. God answered his request and gave him so many things he could have asked for to boot. How's that?!?!

I like the prayer at the end of this day.

Breathe your Spirit into mine that I might know your heart
and experience your wisdom and joy. You are my greatest treasure!

In what areas do I most need God's wisdom?


ZENTANGLES



I decided to try my hand at a zentangle today. I didn't use the tiles they recommend just the technique. I placed it on a card to my youngest son's girlfriend. There is a hidden message in it: can you find me? I kept working toward the outer perimeter to resemble a light bulb. I practiced with both of my hands writing with a Sakura micron .01 archival pigma pen. They use the word "string" for lines and "tangle" for patterns. Zentangle was created by Rick and Maria Roberts as a meditative, artistic experience. They say zentangles are a great writing exercise for artists and lettering artists.


and here are two gourds in my collection:


artist: Kareene Wood

title: Bear Mountain

hand painted

Monacan Indian Tribe, Amherst, Va









this gourd I bought while in Aruba on vacation. As you hold the gourd and let the seeds run along the ridges on its underbelly the sound is amazing. I can't explain it. But it reminds me of rain. They included a little drum stick to play it. I am sure there are technical names for all this but I don't know them.

No comments: