Monday, January 14, 2008

Holy, Holy, Holy Is The Lord

Day 18 - The King, the Lord Almighty
40 Days In God's Presence


When God displayed Himself before Isaiah it was a glorious sight. I love the part where it says, "the train of his robe filled the temple" and the seraphim sang "Holy, Holy, Holy is the Lord Almighty" (Isa. 6: 1,3) Now that is one song I can't imagine what it sounded like but I would love to have heard it. When I imagine the train I imagine it full of people rejoicing before the Lord Almighty. We each know God in so many different ways and God is known by so many names.


Isaiah's revelation of God was so amazing he cried out "Woe to me!" I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, The Lord Almighty." (Isaiah 6:5) Then what happened next with the seraph touching Isaiah's lips with a coal from the altar of The Lord must have been awesome and yet an awakening in Isaiah, I can't even imagine.


There have been several times in my life when I felt the touch of God so personal and close in my life I thought I would explode. One such encounter was in making a quilt totally for a stranger. When I had finished delivering that quilt to the family I knew there was a God who was involved, not only involved in my artistic ability, but desiring to see me fulfill what He had put in me. The scripture verse woven into the border of that quilt was the same verse the mother had pasted all over her home standing for a promise about her daughter. I had never met her nor talked to her about anything in her life. Now that sent shivers up my spine in an awesome Holy way. That God would know me and desire for me to know Him in a more personal way was, well, it was a love I had longed to have satisfied in me about Him since I was a child.

MY HAPPY FLOWER QUILT

I love this quilt and it has a place of honor in my living room where it hangs. I love the yellow and pale pink colors. The flowers were appliqued. Yesterday I really began to look at the quilt and I can see if I had hung the squares on a design wall there would have been major changes where the blocks were positioned. I guess my classes are paying off and I am learning visual appeal and continuity.

Here is a close up of one of the flower blocks. It is a thistle, a weed by everyone's standards. But I don't consider it a weed or useless. I know they are blown by the wind and propagate everywhere and are considered a nuisance. But I have seen gorgeous butterflies on them. You know I don't want to be blown by everything that comes along . I want to be useful and beautiful in the Lord's sight, even if there are some that would consider me a nuisance, I know there is a loving, kind God who thinks otherwise. The butterfly is one of my personal symbols. It represents new beginnings, change, beauty and delicacy. It's a world traveler.



4 comments:

Maggie R said...

I LOVE this piece, and I also Love the thistle...Nice work as well as Beautiful work by the Man upstairs.
((((hugs)))))

Maggie R said...

I forgot to mention that the Monarch Butterfly is a favorite of mine. I always wanted to go to Pelee Isalnd when they are migrating, but haven't had the chance yet.... Someday...
Speaking of butterflies have you see the ones that look like a monarch but there is no colored
sections. It looks like clear glass, I forget what they call them.. will have to look it up and i will shoot off the link to you. Meanwhile I will add you to my blogroll so I can have you at hand;-]

Fannie said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Dove. More sprinkling of hearts.

I like butterflies too. The time they spend in their cocoons developing into a butterfly reminds me of the time we spend on earth learning and growing. I have several butterfly bushes in my back yard. I always find them visiting, and my grandchildren enjoy playing with them.

morningDove said...

Oh Maggie: i could not remember what the route of migration was, so thanks for telling me. I have a National Geographic somewhere, it has the story in it with hundreds of butterflies all around, Spectacular view. I have not seen the butterfly with no color. If you find it let me know. i'd love to see it.

Fannie: I have one butterfly bush that I mistakenly placed too close to my front porch. now i may have to replant it further out in the yard. Not sure when its a good time to do that. I can't believe you have grandbabies. you are too young, you little whippersnapper.