Thursday, January 03, 2008

A Grain Of Sand

Day 7 - In God's Presence 40 days
A Visual God


Jeremiah was taken to the house of the potter. There he observed the making of a clay pot.
As he watched it being fashioned and shaped by the potter's hands on the wheel he noticed
it to be less than perfect. What would the potter do? Was it rendered useless?
No, the potter pushed it back down and began to remake it.
As we venture through each stage of our life we are used in different ways.
The challenge for us is to listen for redirection.
Where are you being challenged today and what are you being challenged in?
A Grain Of Sand
This postcard is a picture I took on our cruise to the Caribbean. It is of a sand castle built in Tortola by a father and son. The father shaped the castle as the son carried the water to him so he could keep the sand pliable inorder to build it up. I watched the little boy tote the sand bucket up and down from the ocean's edge filling it with water. He was full of delight to watch his father build him this grand castle. A builder and a burden bearer. That is a great visual for me of how the Father in Heaven works on our behalf.
I wanted the postcard to be very simple and to focus on the sand castle. I manipulated the photo in my scrapbook program. I embellished it with a light butterfly, a simple flower with a crystal in the center and a small turtle journeying to the water's edge.
This postcard will go to a member of FAT
for the Poem Postcard Exchange. William Blake's poem reads
To See A World In A Grain Of Sand.
And a Heaven In A Wild Flower.
Hold Infinity in the Palm Of Your Hand.
And Eternity in and Hour!

2 comments:

Barbara said...

thanks for sharing....and...my e-mail adress is b.baldzun@web.de
You find the adress also in my profile.
HUGS Barbara

Jacq said...

I like your postcard and the story that goes with it.