Tuesday, January 15, 2008

It's All In Who You Know

Day 19 - The God In Heaven Above
and
On The Earth Below
Joshua 2:11 When we heard of it, our hearts melted and everyone's courage failed because of you, for the LORD your God is God in Heaven above and on the earth below.
Now this is how God uses people we today would call questionable. Rahab was a known prostitute and yet God's heart was so stirred that she was in the list of heroes in Hebrews' Hall of Faith. Heb. 11:31 God's reputation had preceded Joshua's visit. Everyone had heard of the God of Joshua. Rahab hid the spies, even though the king demanded she surrender the men to his guards. Not only was Rahab spared from destruction but her entire family. The one deciding factor for her safety - a single scarlet cord tied in the window.
I love the prayer for today
God, Help me to see everything that happens in light of eternity. When my world is too small, help me to grasp the bigger picture. But thank you that you are a personal God who loves to meet my needs as well.
I am excited that today I met with our accountant and our business taxes are finished for the year. But saddened in that his wife's health is suffering. I believe hubby and I will send them flowers and thank them for being a part of our team and family. He probably knows more about us through a single line item than most people we know. I am thankful for my hubby's job even though the next four months will be lean. I will get to know God more intimately as God, My Provider. And He knows me intimately because of His Son, Jesus.

1 comment:

Jacq said...

I like your new picture.