Saturday, February 09, 2008

The Creative Life



Betty Boop Car - Hot Pink w/ A Touch of Blue

I could not resist posting another pic of BettyBoop car. Don't you just love the fact that they tatooed her too. The pink rose on the window is a girly touch and if you could see the pink dice on the mirror they would bring you laughter too.

There's just something about this car that brings me joy. I wonder if the artist that painted her felt the joy and excitement when he was working on her?

Today I begin a study on "The Creative Life", a book I have had since 2005 that I keep going back to over and over again. It's by Alice Bass.
I wrote this inside the cover, can't remember where I read it, maybe in this book

"Everything we need is in a seed"
Every day I have the opportunity to offer something of myself, my ideas, my perspective, the work of my hands. And every day I take in the offerings of others. Creativity is a big part of my life. This book helps me and you to explore God's design for our creative life.
I will begin to explore my imagination (Image-i-nation; another place to live) and establish an environment for my creativity.
May the words on my lips and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, Oh God!

1 comment:

Fannie said...

Image-I-Nation--what a clever concept. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like an inspiring book.