Wednesday, February 06, 2008

The Good Shepherd

Day 39 The Good Shepherd from Yesterday

I love the illustration of the shepherd tending his flock and at the end of day he realizes one did not come into the sheepfold. He leaves the 99 and goes out to look for the one wayward sheep. I have to chuckle as I remember the wayward angel from Heather in Scotland. That little precious girl had been sitting at my neighbor's home all along. After being led to help my neighbor out with running errands, I found she had taken her in, wondering who had sent her this package. Now she resides with DebMarie in the mid-west.

How many of us would venture out in the middle of the night to find that one lost sheep?
But that is how God feels about all His children. He sent Jesus to secure our permanency in the sheepfold. Jesus said, "I give them eternal life. No one can snatch them out of my Father's hand!" John 10:28

I find it interesting that a sheep know it's shepherd's voice and will go to him alone. I pray that I would know the voice of God that easily. But there are times I go astray and have to be led back into the sheepfold with the staff and sometimes the rod.

Jesus is the Gate to the sheepfold of God's eternity in Heaven.

I'll post Day 40 later, I feel I need to let it germinate into my day for now.


ART QUILT STUDY WORKBOOK

Here is another series of "irises". This
group evolved through the artistic ability of Joyce, the owner of Quilting Adventures. I am thinking of my theme for this study. Several themes come to mind and two are "cars" and "bridges." Although I am not sure why these two topics have popped up. One could be fun and the other I don't think its time yet. Maybe a series will follow with the latter one after I finish the study.

No comments: