Sunday, February 03, 2008

The Gift That Lasts



ART Is In The Eye Of The Beholder

On my cruise this time I took many pics of textured items. What does this look like to you? Its a little blurry but I think I did pretty good considering the bus was moving as I flicked my camera going by this wall overstop stores. I wonder what I can create to capture the design of the columns? Chicken wire was behind the wall and I had not noticed that when I took the pic. My class begins using the Art Quilt Workbook today. Once a month we will work through a chapter in the book. Just reading the first chapter has helped me tremendously. Plus my sketchbook I bought right after Christmas is so much fun and I can find everything in one book. Hurray for me - organization! Stay tuned as I break out into a whole new arena in my artistic abilities.

Day 37 - The Gift That Lasts
Luke 2:10,11

I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
Today in the town of David a Savior
has been born to you; he is Christ the Lord.

More wonderful than a gift itself is the love and sacrifice behind it many times.
Can you remember when your child/ren were little and sacrificed time to make you
something that hung on your refrigerator or an art piece (the clay bowl so out of shape)
that they painstakingly produced with care and perfection to present to you?
I remember and still have some of those pieces from each one of my sons.
Those were the "Kodak moments". And unfortunately were not captured in film,
video or pictures anywhere. But I still remember.

The greatest gift I ever received was when I was 12 years old and I accepted the
greatest gift that could ever be given. Jesus' love for me and knowing He died on
the cross for me to set me free and to someday live in eternity with Him.
I can't ask for a better gift than that. He sacrificed his own life to give me eternal life.

As the years have passed by that gift has grown more sweeter every day.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hi Dove! cool pic of the balustrade. If you look at the negative space between (gold and brown) - it looks like footprints!
Michelle