Tuesday, February 05, 2008

When It Rains I'll...

This is a 2-squares star I did for the Anything But Square trade.
I honestly was not thinking about it but I guess its kind of
a pun on the square when you put two squares together
they make the shape of a Star of David. I appliqued this
little girl over a year ago but could never find the right
thing to put her on. I love the glittery rain fabric for
the background. After I stitched around the two squares
and joined them together I placed a yoyo in the right hand
corner to symbolize the sun. The bead in the middle was
made with batting and angelina. Oh my it stunk when I
used a heat gun on it. Now I know what they mean about
fumes from products you apply heat to and you definitely
want a well ventilated room or to do it outside. I hope
the recipient of this little star likes her. After typing this I
am reminded of a saying I heard as a child growing up: "When the sun is shining and its raining the devil is beating his wife." I never could figure out what that meant. Any ideas!!

I am working hard to finish commitments and UFO's I have had in my room. They were stuffed away under, in and who-knows-where. I am working on my sewing room since my son moved out. I get the spare bedroom back to use for my room. Or as Noelene called it "Dove's Nest". Boy I sure hope I can lay a few golden eggs, if you know what I mean. Have a great day and "Create something for 2008."

1 comment:

Jacq said...

I like your little girl, what a clever idea putting the two suares together. Good for you for finishing up some projects. I sent off my last swap on Monday. Think I'll wait awhile before commiting to another swap, though your flat dolls were tempting.