Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Seeker and The Nasty One

The Seeker
I finished reading Sherry's blog and she was accepted into Virginia Spiegel's Collage Mania for the American Cancer Society too. She inspired me to continue seeking God daily. Her piece on taking the time to do breast self-examination is a very powerful piece. Check her blog out.

The Nasty One
Here is a pondering question for you? What do you do with "the nasty one"? When you're in a group online and there is one with an attitude how do you handle that one? It's your perception that this one has been hurt in the past and seems to be "cutting". And cutting to everyone and any topic. Always answers with what seems to be a curt, short, attitude. How do "You" handle that one? Do you ignore them, let it go on and begin to lurk, do you leave the group, do you "fire" back? What do you do?

4 comments:

Jacq said...

Dove,
This is a question we all probably deal with, either online or not. I tend to just leave a group which is probably not the right thing to do. I wonder if talking to the person in a private email to see what is going on might be wise. I have left a few swap goups because poeple have not honored their commitment. Good Luck.

morningDove said...

thanks Jacq for your insight. sometimes i don't think we realize how we come across with the words we choose. Someone made a comment to me about "the voice" I have online. Really I never thought much about that, but now I realize we carry powerful, powerful voice.

Fannie said...

You have a lovely voice. I have experience hearing your voice in many group forums. You have a compassionate, friendly, eager to help and unite voice. Sing your song, Dove!

sherry carrigan said...

Dove, I've learned in the corporate would that email, instant messaging,etc... can often times be taken out of context or written in a manner that seems unacceptable or snippy. Most times that's not the case. Folks tend to be quick with an answer and have little time to think about how their message is coming across to others. Keep the faith and the patience. In God's Grace. Sherry in NC PS: Thanks for acknowleging my blog and work. You're such a sweetheart.