Friday, February 22, 2008

Class, Life Lessons



Linda Cantrell begins the class.
First step, let me give you some direction.
And a few tips on glue.









My first attempt at finding the right fabric for my chair. Placing the
freezer paper just so, and oh no, that's wrong. No wonder it won't
stick. Ok backup and begin again.









By the end of the day-long class I had accomplished only this.
But, hey, at least I was able to stay through almost the entire class. I picked the background fabric for my wall. I finished my chair, and two pieces of body parts. Did you know you can order
your body parts according to what you want to look like?
Boy don't you wish it were that easy!! lol
And I began work on my top, orange of course! I feel good about what I learned in class. I will attempt to finish this piece by
next Saturday for show-n-tell in my guild. One other new member to our guild took this class too. That's all for that class. More on after the class tomorrow.


He Loves Me

First things first. I want to thank God today for giving my son a home. And whatever do you think He is doing placing him and his new wife right beside his father and mother. I don't know, but then I won't play God. I will just say "thank you". My oldest son has adjusted in VaBeach and loves the church he attends. He is working on writing new songs and recording them. He called me yesterday after I had finished my class. And I am thankful for God directing him back to His love and guidance. My youngest has a birthday next week and he had a friend stop by yesterday that needed comforting. He is such a sweety. And hubby will transition to a new job attached with same company in March. He thought he would have until April, but the truth be known he doesn't handle change very well. God knows exactly what we have need of. Even when it looks strange and like a puzzle with missing pieces.

2 comments:

Debbie McNeill said...

How nice to have your son and dauther close. I grew up next door to my Grandma. It gave me deep roots.

Fannie said...

Thanks for sharing your experience in class. Can't wait to see your creation.

Good news all around with your family. Wonderful!