Sunday, March 30, 2008

Blessings Beyond Measure

My camera is not working right so it is not letting me upload anything to the computer right now. I had to scan this beautiful t-shirt with Sherry's butterfly embroidery on it. What a great gift and I can't wait to wear it. As a matter of fact my hubby surprised me on Friday and told me he has scheduled another cruise in December for our anniversary. He loves the Caribbean. So I think this t-shirt will be visiting the Caribbean. Since I can't be negative I will say I am concerned about flying into JFK on our return trip home. Winters can be ugly in NY. I will pray for great weather then. Thank you Sherry in NC for my beautiful gift. May God bless the work of your hands.


Thought Life
"For as a man thinketh in his heart, so is he." Proverbs 23:7


I think I have been missing something - just how powerful our thought life is. Through the process of praising God in every situation He is also dealing with me on my thoughts before I speak them as soon as they pop into my head. There is a scripture that says "Casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." 2Corinthians 10:5
I'm afraid I have not been doing that. When you dwell on those thoughts they become actions. For me actions are about attitudes. An attitude is an action for me. I pray all those deep-seated negative attitudes would leave and as I continue to praise God I know they have too.
Here is an example of the impressions from God:
Friday I was really thinking and praying for a lady we met on our cruise a year ago in May. We had taken my MIL on this cruise.
On Friday my hubby told me he had booked another cruise for Dec to celebrate our anniversary. So I was thinking of Opal even more. I could not get her off my mind. I was especially praying for her health. Not sure why?
Saturday my hubby took me to the beach and AC Moore to shop. When we returned home I had a phone message from this very lady. Wow! God had gotten my attention. She expressed that she had been dealing with a health issue - melanomas. Wow!! NOW God definitely had my attention.
How many times is my mind cluttered with "junk" thoughts, ones that do not please the Lord and waste my time. I desire to learn quickly to release those so my thoughts can be found pleasing to the Lord. Praise Him in ALL things. It's a choice - Praise Him in all things.

2 comments:

Fannie said...

How lucky, another cruise! I hope you have good weather too.

You have received a beautiful gift from loving hands.

Jacq said...

What wonderful gifts, a beautiful shirt and another trip.