Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Monkey

In the Artist's Circle workshop we are painting pellon then embedding things using wonder under to seal it all in.

Here is my sample piece. I went whimsical with a monkey creation. I cut out a shape of a monkey head. I painted my pellon with neocolor
wax pastels. I didn't wait for it to dry, I just ironed it
until it was dry. Then I added fibery yarn, envelope clasps, a ribbon with word "Happy" on it, dropped two dots of lumiere paint for nose and sharpied the nostrils. Placed wonder under on top, pressed with iron, and last but not least covered it with a blue sheer fabric. The possibilities are endless. I wonder if Hailey would enjoy making one of these?

Sometimes I need to lighten up and not take life so seriously. Have fun and enjoy your life. Jesus paid the greatest price of all for us to enjoy our lives here and now.


New Life, New Birth
My favorite Chapter in the Bible is Psalm 139. Before you and I were created it says He, God, knew you while you were in your mother's womb. He created you and fashioned you to be creative for Him. He created you to fulfill your destiny. Do you know your destiny? Are you creating for HIM?

1 comment:

Noel said...

Love your monkey....to darn cute and cleaver!
Hugs,
Noel