Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Focal Point



Yesterday after dropping my dog off for surgery I needed to run by
the library to return an interlibrary loan book. I stopped by the
Friends of the Library section and found a great little book for .50
cents; regular $22.99. It was in perfect condition. Focal Point is from
the editors of Memory Makers books. Lots of great techniques in it - artistic altering, embellishments, sensational surfaces - are just a few
of the chapter titles. Now to find the time to really browse through -
oh who am I kidding, I can't browse through. I really want to try the
techniques as I read them. (sigh) oh for another day, but not today.

So don't forget to check out this section at your local library. You can really get some great bargains for almost nothing. And when you are finished you can always take it back, donate it again for someone else to buy it. How's that for recycling.

Answer to Prayer
My vet did not charge me for her fee doing the surgery again. I can't believe she did that. My son just explained why it is so important to watch my dog for signs of pneumonia. While in surgery he had vomitted causing it to go back down into his lungs. My son said it could be several weeks to be concerned with pneumonia. I realized when the vet said something it was critical just not how critical.
My doggie seems to be very perky today but then morphine-type drugs give that false sense. I am grateful to God for all He does for me.
One of the hardest things to do - use a band to wrap under his belly and help him walk outside so he does not put full pressure on that leg. I realized why that bothered me last night - our first Bear was 13 years old and began to have seizures. He was so helpless - we had to help him outside in his last days. Boy, I am glad God finally showed me why that bothered me to the point of anxiety. With that knowledge brings healing for me.

2 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

Hi Dove, Can't wait to see what you create from your new treasure book. Thanks for the update on Bear and I'm so glad you found closure on your concerns/dreads from before. You and yours are always in my prayers. You are loved!

Jacq said...

Good find at the library. I hope your dog is doing better.