Saturday, October 04, 2008

Wild Woman WIP


FAT is having a trade on Wild Women. So I decided to hand embroider. I know, I know you can't believe it either. Seems like it is helping me to keep my mind off my doggie's problem. I must say I have cried off and on about it. I hate seeing him hobble around on three legs. And a special thank you guys for encouraging me to trust in the Lord for this situation. You all are so very special.
What do you think so far? I have a few ideas rolling around in my head about putting it together instead of just stuffing her. We will see what happens.
My oldest son has several job leads. I know there is a perfect one out there at this time just right for him. He has been asked to lead a small life group of young men at church. This is a big step for him and God. I love when I called him yesterday to tell him I was praying for his situation he said, "Mom, I have to give a word of encouragement tonight at life group. And as I was riding around in the car I felt like I was to share about this: a car has the power to get us where we need to go; so what is powering you in your spiritual life? What direction are you going in?" That is not his exact words, bc they were so much more powerful when I heard them coming from my son. The fact that he needs a job but his heart and mind and spirit were focused on where he was going in the Lord. That brings tears to my eyes bc he has struggled so long to allow God to really love him. He see his destiny in the Lord. Rest assured God is in control.

3 comments:

Christy said...

I'm popping in quickly to say that I have tagged you on my blog! Go see: http://averageamericangirl.com

Michelle said...

LOVE her face! I remember wearing blue mascara in high school. Oh dear!

Reflections of life and art said...

Dove, your face is great. Nice work so far....I can't wait to see how she turns out.
Wishing your son well on his job leads.
God is in control!!!