Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Love of a Father

My hubby and I went to see the movie "Fireproof". After purchasing our tickets we ran into another state police officer my hubby knew. His mother had suggested he and his wife go to the movie while she watched her grandbaby. Sounds like a great deal to me. They ended up sitting
behind us in the theatre.

The father in the movie reminded me of my hubby with our sons. He is wonderful and loves to encourage them. Caleb reminded me of my middle son, the police officer. He runs to his dad for advice and encouragement.

My friend said she found the book of dares at Walmart and purchased 2 copies for herself and hubby. I must stop by there and see if they have any copies left. Has anyone else seen the book?

We still want to take our sons or treat them to the movie with their girlfriend and wife. I cried mostly bc it touched my heart so much that a father would care for his son and want to see his son's marriage succeed. The defining factor - his relationship with Jesus Christ.
Refreshing - no cursing, no sex scenes, no violence. What a great movie!!

1 comment:

Reflections of life and art said...

Dove, glad you got to see it. Did you know that Kirk wouldn't kiss anyother woman then his own wife in the movie....says alot!
The "Diary" book as in the movie is available at our church bookstore and I've seen it at Walmart too....it's a big commitment....but one that's well worth the outcome.