Friday, October 17, 2008

Under His Wings

What a doodle/graphic design?! I can boast about this one. It belongs to my son. He put it on the computer but didn't tell me.
I found it when I was looking for one of my pics.
I ask if I could post it. This would make a great little quiltie. I have a bunch of black/white fabrics I've been collecting. Maybe I
will try to create a small fabric postcard.





Psalm 91:4

He will cover you with His pinions,
and
under His wings you may seek refuge.


I love this vivid picture that Peggy Ruth gives:


She lives in the country and has a mother hen with a brood of chicks.
One day she saw a hawk flying overhead. The mother hen squatted down and began to cluck.
Her brood came from all over and ran under her stretched out wings. Then the mother pulled her wings down tight, tucking her babies underneath. The mother did not run around like a "chicken with its head cut off" but instead called them to her. They knew her voice. Just like scripture says "His sheep know His voice and come to Him."

I think for today I will seek refuge under His wings. My eyes feel like I have a ton of grit in them and they are swollen today. My dog won't even put his leg down. I believe the "morphine-like" drugs numb him enough to give him a false sense of wellness in his leg. But when they wear off after he has finished a dose he realizes how badly it hurts.

I know God realizes how badly his brood are hurting today. He's just waiting for us to run to Him. See you under His wings.


4 comments:

Reflections of life and art said...

Great drawing. Maybe you can make a small wall hanging from the design.
I love running to Him and the comfort and joy I receive from His love!

Jacq said...

I love the black and white graphics. I think it would make a great quilt. I'll be watching for it on your blog.

Mescrap said...

This is really a great doodle page.
Thanks for posting it.

Mescrap said...

This is really a great doodle page.
Thanks for posting it.