Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Size of the Heart


Here is a soul journal page I did yesterday while sitting in my living room watching my doggie. He's hurting so bad he won't even put his leg down. He will allow me to cover him up with a blankie so he can't bite on his incision. He's struggling to go out to the bathroom.
The journal page is associated with a woman's figure and her clothing size. And yet the real issue at hand is the heart of the matter -Outward appearance vs inner beauty of one's self. Self-esteem for so many women is measured by the outward influence of those around us. My "Joy" woman was drawn by looking at a pic without watching myself draw. The other woman was drawn looking at the woman and then watching what I drew. This continuous line drawing is very interesting. Maybe this is an indication of what women need to truly begin to measure themselves by - their heart.

6 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

this is very true

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I love your carefree style!
Continued doggie hugz!

Reflections of life and art said...

I agree Dove....this is so very true to heart.
Your drawing is amazing...and I'm sorry doggie is still hurting...continued prayers from me!

Fannie said...

Beautiful post, Dove. I agree, the measure of the heart is important.

Great soul journal page! Very inspiring.

How's Bear?

morningDove said...

fannie after 2 weeks of surgery Bear was looking good but the next day I almost fell and kicked him in that leg. I knew I had hurt him, called the vet, she checked him. And sure enough I had undid everything she did in surgery. He goes back 17th to see about another surgery.

Fannie said...

Oh, Dove. :-( I'm sure you're sad about that. So sorry. Pray for his comfort and good wishes on the 17th.