Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Personal Lexicon SJ Page


While sitting with my doggie I worked on my lexicon page. Its really
always interesting where these end up - definitely not what I plan!!
My favorite numbers are 3 and 8. I listen to a song my son wrote
over and over - it soothes me. The song title "Surrender". And that
is what I do when I listen to the words and music. Just give Up - in
a good way of course.

Do you remember the dreamsicle ice cream? I loved those popsicles.
That's where this page began - a childhood memory of ice cream.
Dreams - everyone should have plenty and the wings to help them fly.
I love the butterfly symbol - the freedom, flitting here and there and
everywhere. The guitar leads my sons into their music and the oldest
is learning to play keyboard/piano.
I collect stones/pebbles. I have a heart shaped rock that I just absolutely love. I have one that returned with me from the Caribbean - its gorgeous and pure white. I have a house picked out
that I named Bethzur - House of Stone. It reminds me of my FIL who helped his brother build homes.
When I look at this page I feel calm, relaxing and whimsical. I believe flourishes help to make it whimsical.

4 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

the flourishes do indeed give it a whimsical feel
rocks speak to me too...
i LOVED those popsickles
dreamsickles they called them at our school
your son writes poetry that is nice!

i hope your computer behaves itself!

Fannie said...

Very nice post and illustration. I remember dreamsicles.

Reflections of life and art said...

I see your favorite color right in the middle. Dove, this post is why I read your blog....your words are always soothing and they speak volumes to my heart....you know what I'm taling about.
I would love to hear your son's song...is there anyway you can post it on your blog in the side bar for us to hear?
Very nice depiction!

Jacq said...

A great post. You have put so many wonderful elements in this picture.