Monday, October 06, 2008

What's In A Name


Alien - I need a Name

Here is the latest on my wild woman. I used "I Kan Dee" chalk on
her face. I'm in the process of making her face flat with a poufy back. She may even be added to a container/box of some kind, not sure yet.
I would like to add some radical hair but we will see.





I slept most of yesterday trying to catch up on lack of sleep from days before. Hubby informed me we have eight weeks before our anniversary cruise. I'm going to have to go on vacation to get rest. lol





Last night hubby took me to dinner and then the book store. Well as usual I found a new purchase. I bought "The New Creative Artist" by Nita Leland. I am a book addict. I also received my new Quilting Arts magazine in the mail. I'm not sure but I thought if you had a subscription to a magazine the whole point was getting it before anyone on the newstands. I think my post office is still holding pieces of my mail back.

11 comments:

Christy said...

She is coming along nicely. I am waiting patiently to see her fun hair do!

Mary S. Hunt said...

i am a book addict too!
her face is coming along nicely
!!

Reflections of life and art said...

Dove, she is definitely a wild woman....you are doing an amazing job on her...you must share your process...perhaps a tutorial on the face please....hehehe!
I never heard of "Kan Dee" chalks but I will be doing a google search when I'm done here...lol!

A cruise...how exciting for the two of you....rest...ha..I doubt that....ok, well maybe a little..:)

I say this book....looks very interesing...I hope you share some interesting things with us on your blog now...hint, hint!!

Reflections of life and art said...

Oh as for her hair...I see some interesting crazy fibers and perhaps some beads....just a thought!

sherry carrigan said...

Very nice Dove. Can't wait to see the finished product. Yes, some wild hair would be awesome.

sherry carrigan said...

Maybe you should name her "Kandee"???

Fannie said...

Great work in progress, Dove. Love her face! Can't wait to see her hair.

I enjoyed Nita's book.

Kathryn Antyr said...

I'm always so intrigued by the fiber arts. I love how artists stich amazing stories into their quilts. And, who can resist all of the luscious fabrics. Your stichery is inspiring. That book, "The New Creative Artist" by Nita Leland sounds fab. Tell me more about it.

Kathryn Antyr said...

Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm a book addict as well. Lately, because I am now debt free (a five year goal reached), I've been celebrating by buying books. I think I need a vacation so I can read them all!

Sue said...

I love her expression, Dove, it reminds me of Mona Lisa's smile. Like she has a secret that she'll never reveal. A quiet self confidence. Pretty neat! Read about your mishap while walking Bear and praying that God will heal. Congratulations on your 400th post - know that you are an inspiration to all who visit your blog, especially me.

NEEDLEWINGS said...

Wow, I love your dear face! She look pretty finished even without hair!