Saturday, October 11, 2008

Surprise Gift



Today has been one of those headache days. I was able to take hubby lunch at his work. But after that I was washed out and slept until around 7pm. I mean I was totally out-of-it.

This is a surprise gift taunt - a needle-felt. Someone will be receiving this soon. I'll tell you later what it is.

Psalm 91
I finished reading this book. I wept reading the testimonials of soldiers who prayed this prayer every day while fighting during wars. Entire squadrons were untouched and miracles occurred while they were under attack. One town posted pics of every soldier from their area and a group of people in town prayed for the soldiers safety every day. All of the soldiers returned home safe.
There is one thing that can not be taken from me - my faith in God. As the years fly by now I realize how important my faith is in this crazy world.

4 comments:

Mary S. Hunt said...

hope the headache is better...i have it now
:(
the felt card looks adorable !

i don't know the first thing about felting
but it looks interesting what i have seen

Reflections of life and art said...

Dove, I agree 100%...our faith in God can't be taken away from us...and with all that's failing in this world, we need to stand on His word more now because it will NEVER fail!
Your surprise gift looks good from what I see.
I hope your headache is gone today and you can enjoy this wonderful Sunday!

Reflections of life and art said...

Dove, I forgot to comment on the book...it sounds like a heart felt, tear inspiring book for sure!

Sandy..... said...

A close friend of ours has two daughters in the Army. One is a combat nurse and currently in Iraq. The second will be an M.P. (following Dad I guess....) and will be in Iraq as well, soon.

I'm thankful the eldest sister leads all of the siblings in faith. I know it brings them comfort in some really rought times.

On a lighter note...

I've been tagged for the very first time, and I was double tagged at that! (see my blog for details).

Tag! You're it!