Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Celebration Getting Closer


Well here it is 3:16am Tuesday. It reminds me of John 3:16. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whoever would believe in Him would not perish but have everlasting life. Wow I am definitely not God but the realization for me that we give our son away on Saturday is hitting. We don't give him away but the Bible says he is to leave his parents and cleave unto his wife.
Today I take DIL's wedding gown to cleaners to get them to steam the wrinkles out. Oh boy!! Is that an honor or a scary thing?! So close to release something so important into the hands of a trusted cleaners.
But isn't that what we do everyday? release something important (our children, spouses, friends, loved ones) back into the loving Father's hands. I mean they are His anyway but we have to release at times bc we have started to cling to tightly to something that was never ours to begin with.
I have to share here. When I had my first son I gave him to the Lord to do whatever He wanted. I have always felt my sons would all be missionaries. Probably bc I love foreign lands especially China. I have always had a love for China. Something draws me there. I have never been there but I hope to go one day.
Today I will celebrate the wonderful life God has given me. I will not take for granted anything but will purpose to be very aware of all that is around me.

No comments: