Sunday, April 27, 2008

To see 2 C's

I love writing and when I found these altered alphabets I had to save them in a file for use later. I may see if I can photo transfer them on to a project.

A friend sent me a funny story about a pastor accusing someone in his church of doing something this friend just knew the person didn't do. The jest of the punch line was the person was his wife. I didn't think it was funny. But then again God is dealing with me on communication between spouses and between our children. No matter how long we have known our family they can not read our minds. We need to communicate our feelings, and say exactly what we are feeling. If our lines of communications are not kept open we begin to shut down and build up walls that have to be torn down later. Honesty in love is not easy but better in the long run.

The other "C" is courtesy. Always treat others as you would want to be treated. Along with courtesy I believe you need to have healthy boundaries set. Its funny how the same thing that might irritate a person may be the very thing they are most insensitive to and the very thing where they lack courtesy in.

In my friends post this morning at the very end was this scripture. "He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall, but those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint." (Isa. 40:29-31)

I found this quite interesting since I just blogged this very scripture two days ago in the story about the healing quilt God dropped into my heart in 2000. This was such an encouragement to me. WAIT - Wait on the Lord. I pray that your strength will be renewed this day as you wait upon the Lord.

Unfinished Projects
This project with molding clay was put aside and never finished. I really like this little piece and want to finish her. But I'm not sure how I want to finish it so I wait.
But there is one thing that was finished - Jesus' work on the cross. Another friend sent me a site about a pastor learning about "luminin" from a molecular scientist. He learned that the substance that holds all our inside body together is in the shape of the Cross. Truly when Jesus died on the cross and cried out "It Is Finished" He completed the way for us to get to God once and for all. Personally, I love the fact that its not about works that decides whether or not I get into the Kingdom of God. Its so simple - just accepting Jesus as your Lord and Savior.
In my growing I have found it was easy to accept Him as Savior but harder to acknowledge Him as Lord everyday. Lord of all, of my everything - whatever everything was for the day. But I am learning and He is merciful and full of grace.

No comments: