Thursday, November 06, 2008

Web of Love

World Wide Web of Soul Journalers

Our prompt - a web. The first one I did was white with orange background.

A spider web isn't black so I couldn't bring myself to use black.

Have you ever seen a spider undo its web? I have and it was so amazing
to watch. It went up and down each strand until it was hanging on by one
thread. Perfect balance.



On the second web I actually awoke the next morning with this web idea
running through my mind from the world wide web. Take all the journal
addys and make outer bands of the web then with words from each blog
site make the circular bands.

The words were too wet when I calligrahped them. So I will attempt this one again. The base is a copy of a world map.


I am going to attempt this out of fabric. I think it would be a really cool piece.

3 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

These are great Dove. Would love to see what you do on fabric.

Mary S. Hunt said...

I saw ME!!! on the second web...I am glad you post these to your blog I rarely look at the pictures put in the section on the group site...I prefer the intimacy of a personal visit...

thanks for sharing them
and all your wisdom...

NEEDLEWINGS said...

How cool! I absolutely love your wonderful webs! Makes me wish I would have thought of it. You are brilliant!