Sunday, November 02, 2008

DeCluttering

My oldest still has not found a job. So his dad and I put him to work.
Deep Cleaning - Hooray!! We started in the attic - rearranged, threw
away, gave away stuff.

A careful look
at what I have,
what I need,
what I want to keep
and why.

Then Saturday he moved outside - temp 70's - a gorgeous day. He moved
through the yard, piling up stuff. One pile of tree cutting, natural debris -
off to the dump. Another pile of metals - free - no charge at the dump -
it can be recycled. And then the last pile - landfill. My yard clean - clear
of junk.

A careful look
at what I have,
what I need,
what I want to keep
and why.

Now on Monday - he returns to help with the biggest decision of all -
my personal stuff - my fabric, my books, my art supplies.


A careful look
at what I have,
what I need,
what I want to keep
and why.

As this surface cleaning is coming about, so is my spiritual decluttering -

A careful look
at what I believe,
why I believe and
does it match God's Word.
If not it has to go
no matter what others might think,
no matter how others might act
toward me.

I too like Fannie made a decision to begin anew. My heart's desire when I began my blog one year ago in October - to journal everyday with God - a real life relationship shared on a blog
- an extension of my writing/journaling in my private journals. Somehow I have gotten far away from my deepest desire and it shows in my life - a reflection - I choose to "declutter".

6 comments:

sherry carrigan said...

Decluttering is good. I had a long talk wtih God on Friday evening. Need to declutter some of my thoughts and soul again. The heart was becoming "hard" due to some family issues, so had to ask for direction, forgiveness, and the ability to cope and follow His lead.

MelB said...

Dear Morning Dove, Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really need the encouragment. I love your blog and this post. In the last year or so I have been cleaning out things and being careful with my purchases. I love your comparison of decluttering things and your spiritual life.

Fannie said...

Dove, I wish you well on your decluttering and starting anew. Sounds like we're on similar paths. I, too, am decluttering my entire home. I started with my closet and slowly moving through each room in the house. The biggest job will be my garage.

Thanks for sharing your heart with us for the past year. Follow your heart. Whatever you choose to do, that's what you must do.

"Sing your song.
Others will dance to your music
if you believe in your song.
Sing from your Heart." ~Fannie~

morningDove said...

Sherry I think out biggest challenges is to stay tender-hearted toward our family. I will keep you in prayer as I pray for our family issue.
Melb its exciting to see God move in your deepest desires to create. Keep us posted on your stain glass creation. Congrats.
Fannie I get so excited every time I see your blogs. thx for encouragement.

Jacq said...

Decluttering sounds like a wonderful thing to do and to have a personal declutterer sounds even more wonderful. I am always purging it is one of those things I never get done with, especially my soul.

Reflections of life and art said...

Sounds like this the start of something here with the decluttering. We are doing the same in our home as well...lots and lots to get rid of.

Hey Dove, can you come and help me clean out my art room too.....I have so many things I need to get rid that I will never use in my life time....VBG!
Dove, your posts are inspiring and like Fannie said you need to follow your heart....there is only one person you ever have to please and you know who He is!
Blessings to you for obeying!